Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman

Rating:
Characters: 19/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 20/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 20/20
Overall: 96/100 or A
Roz lives a great deal of her life in her head. In her head, she would be close to her sister, instead of being ignored like junk e-mail. Also, Bryan confesses that she is the only one for her, and is not making out with her sister. Finally, her friends are not plotting every second unlike now. Their upcoming production of Shakespeare's As You Like It might be ruined. Roz has a suspicion about Eva. In turn, Eva taunts Roz with a dare, which leads to an act of total insanity that swings their world out of control.
My Invented Life is a hilarious book. I loved the fact that Roz imagined a lot in her head. It was so amazing and entertaining. I also loved all of the Shakespearean insults. It was just amazing and totally reminded me of vlogbrothers. The Shakespearean Insult Lexicon was awesome, too. Roz was a great character that is impossible to not like her. Eva wasn't likable at the beginning, but she grew on me. The same goes with Carmen, I could understand her anger about things in the book. Bryan was a total jerk, I don't understand why Eva was with him in the first place and how Roz liked him at all. Andie was awesome and pretty kick ass. I loved Nico and his hair. I wish that there was more about him. Jonathan was interesting and I felt sorry for how his parents acted. I also liked how the main characters all grew a lot. The plot was really entertaining. Like Roz explored her sexuality and found herself. Bjorkman captured teens perfectly and had a great sense of humor. I think that this is the perfect books for teens and I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! My Invented Life sounds cool! (Shakespearean insults = so cool, lol) I'll have to be sure to keep an eye out for it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I'm getting to this book soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin