Saturday, October 17, 2009

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 90/100 or A
Micah is a compulsive liar, but she is going to try to be honest and tell you what happened. Over the years, she's fooled everyone: her classmates, her teachers, and even her parents. So far, she has been able to stay a few steps ahead of her lies. That is until now... he boyfriend died in a rather brutal way and her dishonesty begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth, when lying becomes as easy as breathing. Should you even trust a word that she says?
I could relate to Micah. When I was little, I was a compulsive liar. My lies weren't as extreme as Micah, and I am not a good liar either. I turn bright pink and start laughing a lot. I could relate to how they just pop out of your mouth and it seems really hard to take them back. I think that is what made me love Micah. Micah is a real awesome character. The plot of Liar tells you what happened and is happening at the same time. I think that it was a smart way to present Liar, because I don't think that it would hold my attention as much, otherwise. Larbalestier creates a unique book that is cleverly written. I would recommend that you check out this book as soon as possible. You won't be able to stop reading it, till you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin