Monday, June 6, 2016

Blogging and Confidence

This post came out of me wanting to promote the fact that I'll be at the Northgate Barnes and Noble on Sunday, June 12th at 1PM. I will be talking about how I got into blogging about books as a teen, the many opportunities that it has given me, and what I learned from blogging. More information here on the Barnes and Noble Website.
If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you will know that I began this blog when I was very sick. I honestly didn't feel that I'd accomplish anything due to the migraines and pain that I experienced on a daily basis. I never thought that anything that I wrote would provide me with a community of people that care and support me. Now, I'm a graduate of Seattle University with a BA in Creative Writing and I am now pursuing my Masters in Fine Arts in Writing for Children and Young Adults. My best friends came out of blogging along with many other friendships that I treasure.
In preparation for talking about blogging, I've been reading some of my old post to remember why I began blogging so long ago and I think that it gave me an outlet to speak about the world around me. I was able to talk about books as part of a larger crowd and it is something that I love coming back to and visiting every once in a while.
Right now, I am working on the book that teen me needed and the confidence that I've gained from my Masters Program, my mentors, and my friends all lead to blogging and the confidence that it gave me the distance and skill to complete this feat. As like current me, teen me was a passionate and rapid reader. This isn't all that I plan to talk at Barnes and Noble, but it is a piece of what I plan to talk about on Sunday. If you are in the Seattle area, I'd love to see you. Either way, I hope that you have an amazing day.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Sarah. Very inspiring! I'll spread the word about your talk. Good luck on Sunday!

    --Realm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin