Elisa has come to the blog for a bit of a Q&A.
There is also a prize giveaway below for a chance to win a pack of awesome things including a book purse inspired by the book, an iPhone case and other trinkets featuring the beautiful illustrations of the upcoming trailer and a YA book of your choice.
1. Describe your book in 5 words: Modernizing mythology through music & romance. ( does the ampersand count as a word? Ooops)
2. What surprised you the most as you were writing SILENT ECHO? How many of my metaphors seem to veer towards the food-related (i.e. "his voice was a block of milk chocolate wrapped in sandpaper") I guess I'm also a die-hard foodie.
3. Are you a plotter or a panster? Do you plot your book or fly by the seat of your pants? I fly on a magic carpet woven loosely of plot driven threads. I've got a vague idea where I'm headed but once in flight, it really solidifies.
4. Do you have any kind of writing rituals? I need silence or else white noise, a constant din. I can't have music or a tv on - way too distracting.
5. Who would you cast in a movie version of your book for Portia, Felix and Max? Young unknowns who resemble Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher and Rob Pattinson (in order as asked)
6. As a lover of mythology, what's your fave myth? I love the story of the Six Headed Scylla. There are several explanations for how she came to have six heads and for Silent Echo's sequel, I have expounded and expanded on my favorite one. (Scylla is an integral part of the next installment of my trilogy.)
7. Lightnight round:
Fave food - Truffle fries (ok, or any fries)
Fave book - Special Topics in Calamity Physics (most recently, that is)
Fave song - Closer to Fine by Indigo Girls
Fave vacation - Laguna Beach, CA w/my hubby (or pretty much anywhere w/my hubby)
Fave color - brown (chocolate, mocha - there's that food thing again...)
Beach or mountains - Pool with a view of the beach
Soda or Pop - soda
Coke or Pepsi - Coke (diet, of course)
Can't live without - Air conditioning
Can live without - bees ( even if it meant sacrificing honey - they terrify me)
Fave person - Mark Darcy (can a fictitious character count?)
Person you want to meet most dead or alive - Marcus Mumford (His genius blows my mind)
Person you admire most - My husband - he wears his own skin with unyielding confidence and comfort
If you could be anyone, who? George RR Martin - can you imagine what must go on in that guy's head?!
There is also a sneak peak on her Tumblr, that you should check out.
a Rafflecopter giveaway