Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ten Top Tuesday(7): Intimidating Books

Here are ten books that I haven't read yet, because of either their size, content, hype, or all of the above.
1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand:
 This book is massive, which I have read books around the same size. I am more worried that I will get to the last page and just not get it. Since it is philosophical and we don't get along. I even own it, but it is
definitely a someday book.
2. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein:
This book's description screams a book that I would enjoy. It isn't that huge, but there is so much hype. I really don't want to not read this book, but I am afraid that the hype is overrated. I got it from the library, so I will hopefully read it soon.
3. Everneath by Brodi Ashton:
Once again, a book that I would love. Every review, that I have seen, is like a must read and I have had issues with retelling of Persephone, so I am thinking about getting it from the library.
4. Ulysses by James Joyce:
I really want to read this book, because it sounds interesting. The fact is that my University has a course just on this book, so I am slightly intimidated by this.
5. Gates of Paradise by Melissa De La Cruz:
I am anxious that this will not be a good end to the series, so I have been putting it off. I can pretend that the ending never happened, if I have never actually read the book.
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell:
I adore Eleanor & Park, so I am worried that this book will not be as good.
7. Moby Dick by Herman Melville:
One of my close friends hates this and another one loves this. So I am torn if I will like it.
8.  Persuasion by Jane Austen:
I loved For the Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund,  which is a retelling of this book. I also liked Pride & Prejudice. I am just worried that I will not like it as much.
9.  Nevermore and other books by Neil Gaiman:
I have only read Stardust, which I love love love. A lot of my friends adore him and I am just afraid that I won't like his other books.
10 A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I am actually currently reading this book. I am afraid that I won't like it or that it will not live up to the hype.

2 comments:

  1. I think Gates of Paradise was a good end.

    And Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know how you feel about game of thrones, i've felt the same way about it and also heard of the horrible rape scenes so i'm scared of it!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin