Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at The Broke and Bookish.
This week’s topic:
Top 10 Books We’d Quickly Save If Our House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster…)
1. My engraved bible: I was given this book after I was baptized and even though my fate isn't as strong as it used to be. I remember getting presented it when I was thirteen and feeling a magical connection to it. Every time, I open it, it reminds me of Bible School and Church Camp that made up the first fourteen years of my life.
2. My hardback copies of the Harry Potter: I have read these books several times and the story means the world to me. There is also the fact that this set of books are the books that I read the story from the first time and I would be so sad to love those memories.
3. Before I Die by Jenny Downham: This book has a lot of personal significance and means a lot to me. I would be so sad to lose the very different memories that surround this book.
4. All of my John Green Books: I really love these books and they are all signed. I love the connection that I have formed to the characters and the plot inside of the story.
5. My Dr. Suess books: There were some of the first books that I was able to read by myself. My siblings shared this with me and it is a type of bond that I don't want to forget.
6. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler (All  of the copies): I have an arc and a finished copy. My name appears in both of them, which means a lot to me. I would feel so depressed if these were to disappear, because the finished copy is signed and it means a lot to me.
7.  The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen: I adore Sarah Dessen and would want at least one of her books. This copy is also signed and a gift from a great friend of mine. I would feel horrid if I lost it.
8. Feed by MT Anderson: This was the first of many books that I earned from my library for reading twenty hours over the summer. I love the story and it also has a few letters written on the flap by mom, when she thought that I was going to die. That obviously means the world to me.
9. My Scott Westerfeld books: The books are all signed and have memories implanted in them. Like cutting in a signing line, because you have crutches again. They are also funny and smart books that would distract me.
10. My photo albums: These pictures span twenty years of bad haircuts, poor fashion choices, and friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. I would be so depressed to have my memorable moments disappear. 
I would probably shove my bookshelf of signed book out of my room, because this doesn't even cover half of the books that mean a lot to me.

3 comments:

  1. Photos! YES!! I'd save my Kindle!!! I'd need something to keep me company while I watched my house burn to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Dr. Suess! I can't believe I don't own any of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos are totally worth saving every time!

    AND YES, signed books mean so much, and the aren't always easy to replace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin