Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 93/100 or A
Source: Publisher
Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart.
She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition.
Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?
Rich with emotion, Sarah Ockler delivers a powerful story of family, love, and self-discovery.

Fixing Delilah focused on her family and their many secrets. I believe that all families have that, even if your family is close, which my extended family isn't. I could relate to Delilah's questions about her history and what that means to her, because I feel that way. This book also focused on a mother and daughter relationship, and not another romance. Delilah has such an amazing voice, and I loved the sincerity and caring that I could feel through out the book. Patrick was such a sweet character. He was so patient of Delilah and really felt for her situation. I found the romance between Delilah and Patrick to be so cute. It was just so sweet and romantic. The setting of Red Falls, Vermont was gorgeous. I love the character that small towns hold, and I was interested in what was going to happen to the town after the book. I enjoyed the plot of Fixing Delilah so much. I found it to be captivating and stunning. It was also very original for contemporary fiction and I enjoyed it. Sarah Ockler created a stunning book about families, secrets, and hope. I can't wait for her next book. I would strongly recommend this book to fans of Sarah Dessen.

3 comments:

  1. I believe every family has secrets, and sometimes it's a real life mystery trying to figure them out. This book sounds interesting and I liked your indepth review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so wonderful. I can't wait until my ordered copy comes in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/fixing-delilah-by-sarah-ockler.html

    Thanks AND have a nice day! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin