Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

Rating:
Characters: 15/20
Plot: 16/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 16/20
Overall: 82/100 or B
Owen,Frank, Jin-Ae, and Audrey have never been happy. They are all suicidal. When they meet online, they become friends. They decide to go on a road trip and visit the graves of famous people that committed suicide. On the way, they find friendship and happiness that they have never had before. Maybe there is more to life then the pain and the sadness that they have had experienced.
Crash Into Me sounds amazing, but I never felt that the characters were really suicidal. I mean if they were suicidal, wouldn't they have just ended it, right then. I feel that it could have been such a strong story. If Borris had have developed the characters a bit more, I think that I would have enjoyed the characters more. The plot was well set up, by using the story, past chats, and top ten list to show what is happening. Borris had a fairly original and funny story that I enjoyed. Borris is a great writer and I can not wait to read other books from him. I recommend this book to people that enjoyed Impulse and You Know Where to Find Me.

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this, but you're right... If they're suicidal, it would be logical that they kill themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've got this one in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished this one, and I agree--I wanted more character development, but I did find it enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard quite a lot of good things and many negative things about this book. Still want to read it really much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this book and I also had my issues with it. But I did enjoy reading it. And I really like the cover. Nice review :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've started to read this book so many times but i've never finished it....was the ending good?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin